Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

mil surp WC 860, 868

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member
Ridge Runner,

I'd kind of think that either of those two powders would be a bit fast for the 169.5 or 195 WCs but may just be the ticket for the 150 class bullets. I suppose they are ball powders, if not I'd definitely shy away from them in the 270 AM.
I may be the slowest guy on the mountain . . . . but . . . . I'm on the mountain!

Unread 08-29-2007, 07:35 AM
Gold Member
well I'm just more or less wondering about some of the other calibers I reload for also, most mil-surp is cheaper than the commercial powders. Long as the WC872 performs like it has in the past I won't be lookin for other powders for my 7 mm AM.
was kinda thinking about using something on the order of WC852 in my 6.5 gibbs or something compatable for my 6mm, or 25 wssm, 7mm-08, 270, heck when mom gets me somethin for my birthday or x-mas she walks in a shop that sells reloading supplies and announces " I need something for my son, he has one of everything"
My 9 yo daughter has more rifles than the average household, just trying to save a few pennies!
Born to Hunt, Forced to Work!