Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Loaded ammo bullet runout???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Loaded ammo bullet runout???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart B View Post
Thanks for this information. So an emotional outburst of one word is better than several to insure understanding. I could respond in kind, but that would not be welcomed by its recipients.

I've got Speedy's street and email addresses and his phone number, I'll contact him and get better informed.
Outstanding--always better to know the correct way to do something. This is one reason when I decide on a bullet and ultimately a load with bullets sorted with a Buhay tool and get everything set up to load concentric ammunition--leave it alone. That way with no changes in the process concentric ammunition is almost a constant.

Guess who taught me that lol..
Old 06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss Hoss View Post
Outstanding--always better to know the correct way to do something. This is one reason when I decide on a bullet and ultimately a load with bullets sorted with a Buhay tool and get everything set up to load concentric ammunition--leave it alone. That way with no changes in the process concentric ammunition is almost a constant. Guess who taught me that lol..
What's the biggest 10-shot group such processes produce at 1000 yards?
Old 06-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member

I have put 10 in a less than 5 many times but less that 4 only once and never in competition because I shoot LV and we shoot 5. Remember I am a score shooter and the strategy is different I am not a runner I am a chaser..
Old 06-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I have put 10 in a less than 5 many times but less that 4 only once and never in competition because I shoot LV and we shoot 5.
So you've never shot either 5 or 10 shots in a group larger than 5 inches at 1000?
Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Platinum Member

Oh--did not understand your question. The answer is I do not know. I have fired when the condition was not accurately judged or bad shot causing a DQ condition.

Don't really understand your question but I am sure you have a reason.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh--did not understand your question. The answer is I do not know. I have fired when the condition was not accurately judged or bad shot causing a DQ condition. Don't really understand your question but I am sure you have a reason.
All I was trying to find out is what accuracy level your rifle and ammo has that can be counted on all the time in good conditions. Don't care what the smallest group is you've shot nor even the average group size. Just the biggest one fired in good conditions.

I'm guessing it's around 6 to 7 inches at 1000 yards. Maybe bigger. That's about what the biggest group is in several group aggregate long range BR matches that are records. Thanks anyway for giving me something to work with.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Silver Member

Everybody has a bad day, some more than others, would it not be better to ask what the average grouping is for a better indicator of what the rifle is doing vs the person??