Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Load development/fireforming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Load development/fireforming

Hey Cowboy !
Just joshing [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]Haying [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] man! this time of year is brutal, did'nt mind the spring cut ,but the midsummerone was always un fun [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] Glad I don't do it anymorebut also glad that I used to be able to .
No , I did'nt use my video camera yet( great idea anhd works good)I did the simpler but more time consuming way. I drove my truck to the target (at least it was only 300 yds.) marked the shot ,then drove back and did it again [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]There are a couple of upsides to this , one , I get a little a/c on me (it's been right at a hundred with humidity like you were ten feet under)and two my bbl stay about the same temp. shot to shot. I think I like #1 best [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
If you seat your fireform loads touching the rifling with a powder charge a couple of grains short of max for the std. .243 you will have no trouble. I have had no failures/case losses doing this. Will continue to let everyone know how its going .
Jim Brown

Old 07-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: Load development/fireforming

Thanks guys for the ideas. I haven't loaded anything yet but am getting restless. I want to tinker with the new stick so bad I can taste it.