Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

Let's see your reloading bench

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member
Can't find the picture

On another forum a picture of a loading bench and a rifle sticking out the window because his rifle range was right there. Its not fair !
How does it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?

Unread 06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Silver Member
My rifle shooting out the widow lasted a whole three rounds. Wife put an end to that.
QDMA Member
7STW Club
Unread 06-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Platinum Member
Shooting indoors is the way to go as far as convenience. My reloading/shooting room is being finished right now, hopefully the electricity and AC will be working when I get home. I wonder if I will see big pressure swings when I take my guns outside to shoot? If I do it will open the door for some powder temp stability testing I guess.
I admit that I know just enough to be dangerous.....but dangerous at ever extending distances.
Unread 06-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Gold Member
I made my bench out of 1 3/8" solid core birch doors, sometimes I wish I had used 1 3/4"

I reload in my workshop attached to my detached garage, sometimes the dogs help

Desk, computer and TV on the other end

Fridge, AC and DSL. Comments on the mess not allowed!
If you can read this, thank a teacher.......if you are reading this in English, thank a soldier.
Unread 06-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Bronze Member
No pictures yet, but I am going to remount my presses on thick pieces of plank that i will slide into a slot and be secured, when not in use they will pull out and store below the bench. same for the measures.
Bullets have well documented performance specifications.

Min Velocity info is available, and describes the performance floor of the bullet... DON'T allow yourself to reference F.P.E. as an accurate descriptor of killing power.. You are smarter than a copy editor, and you understand that you can determine maximum (reliable) effective range by comparing your drop chart to published bullet data....... And, dog-on-it, people like you!
Unread 06-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Bronze Member
Not as large a set up as you lads but good enough for my needs
Unread 06-29-2008, 09:03 PM
What a coincidence, I just took these for another forum

I am new to reloading, and this is my first attempt at a bench. The top is three layer of 3/4" plywood the top one being oak with many coats of verithane. I was a little worried but turned out to be very durable. The bottom is all solid pine. I was in a hurry to get rollin so it is unfinished. The next step is a hutch full width of the bench and high enough to cover the window. It will be built to match the bottom. After that I am done until we move in a year or so. Then I plan on adding another 16 feet of bench for a Dillon, tumbler, cleaning and maintenance area. This will be a dedicated room and I would like to have a built in gun cabinet with glass doors to display rifles.
Life is about the journey, not the destination