Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Lee Handloader - interesting results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Silver Member

Lee Handloader - interesting results

Bought a Lee handloader for non-bench loading. What I found is that it is giving me on average .002 runout. My RCBS on the bench gives me an average of .004. A good number of the loads on the Lee are less than .001. I find this kind of odd. Anyone know why this would be? With both presses I am just screwing a Forster die into it, setting the micrometer and loading bullets.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Silver Member

Re: Lee Handloader - interesting results

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlk View Post
Bought a Lee handloader for non-bench loading. What I found is that it is giving me on average .002 runout. My RCBS on the bench gives me an average of .004. A good number of the loads on the Lee are less than .001. I find this kind of odd. Anyone know why this would be? With both presses I am just screwing a Forster die into it, setting the micrometer and loading bullets.
TLK, I agree with you that the Lee Handloader press is an excellent press. The design is also beter than other handloading presses. I specifically like the fact that the spend primers are collected in the shaft. Other presses eject it at the side of the shaft. Since primer compound is also "scabby" which could affect the tightness of the shaft which in itself will affect accuracy. 10/10 for the Lee Handloader.