Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Lee Dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Silver Member

Re: Lee Dies

I know that you targeting me . I just like to emphesize ( spelling ) that everyone should follow the book and work from there.Its the safest way thanks.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Platinum Member

Lee Dies are awesome if you follow their instructions. That's the hard part.
Other wise, they have and will continue to produce amazingly accurate ammo.
Using a cheap Lee press with inexpensive Lee dies I have reloaded accurate long range ammo. for many years. I gave away my old Lee press to a friend and upgraded to a Forster Co-Ax reloading Press... Now that's a great ride, my ammo is not shooting any better... Still great ammo. since I plan on reloading much longer cartridge's I went to Cabala's and bought me a $99.00 Lee Classic Cast Reloading Press; I'm happy!!! Will not look back!!!! Why pay $375.00 Dollars or more for something else when at the range my Lee classic Cast will not embarrass me?

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!

Last edited by Eaglet; 03-17-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Silver Member

I will have to agree.the Lee dies are great.and they are all that I have and use.but one thing I can say is that I wish they would polish the mateing parts so that I don't have to. the collet dies I mean.and setting them up is a breeze,jst like one has already said.just use the instructions its that easy.but hey this is just an opinion.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperjwt View Post
Just got a new set of Lee dies and it is quiet interesting. This is the only set of dies that gives you a guarantee that i have seen. It says that these dies will load more accurate ammunition than any other brand of equipment or your money will be refunded. It also goes on to say Cases last 10 times longer- no case lube required.

So here is my question. How can you make that kind of guarantee and also say cases last 10 times longer? I might can see the no case lube required but the rest of it has really puzzled me. Anybody got any of these dies since they have been giving this kind of guarantee and if so how do you like them?

Thanks
It is easy to make claims and then blame it on the person using the product so take claims like
that with a grain of salt !!!

Lee makes a good entry level die. As a person learns to reload and set dies up correctly any
ones dies will produce better accuracy unless the dies are bad. (I have bought bad dies in
all brands) some were not discovered until I became more proficient at reloading.

Once you start checking all things to do with consistency you will find that the more expensive
dies will have more features that will assist in producing better ammo.

I have some of almost all brands and as I have progressed in reloading have weeded out
the dies that are better for the end results that I want and a few are lee dies.

So use them and try other brands to see what you like and don't worry about the claims made
and don't be surprised if you find better dies .

Just my opinion

J E CUSTOM