Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Lazzeroni warbird expander ball question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 01:24 AM

Lazzeroni warbird expander ball question

I have fought with this for years and with all of you experts out there maybe I won't have to any longer. I have RCBS dies. Adjusted as rcbs says. I have several other cal. that I have never had this problem. If I run my brass into the depriming die just far enough for the expander ball to go past the neck I can pull it back out if I want with just a bit of friction coming out. However if I run it all the way in and size and deprime the brass , then removing the brass is smoothe until the expander ball gets back to the neck and I can hardly get it back thru. I have tried graphite on the inside of the neck and doesn't seem to matter. After being sized and deprimed if I run it thru again I get the same thing. Hope I explained this properly. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-2009, 06:30 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Lazzeroni warbird expander ball question

rivetgun55,
It sounds like a lube issue to me. I have never used graphite on my cases, but I'm sure it's a great lube, as I have used it on other stuff. I use the plain ole RCBS case lube and apply it liberally to the inside of my case necks with a case brush before I roll them on the lube pad. When or if I don't use any or enough I experience the same difficulties you described. JohnnyK.