Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Is it to late for me o start reloading ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Silver Member

Re: Is it to late for me o start reloading ?

I stopped by my local Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday to see what they had available on ammo. $10.00 for a little square box of 100 Remington 22LR. I was totally floored. Dick's can forget my business.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
I stopped by my local Dick's Sporting Goods yesterday to see what they had available on ammo. $10.00 for a little square box of 100 Remington 22LR. I was totally floored. Dick's can forget my business.
I know this won't make you feel any better, I was at my buddy's gun shop yesterday, he just got in a shipment of 22lr's along with some other stuff. He showed me his invoice, he paid $8.00 a hundred for the 22's. that was his cost right now everyone pays it seems like.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Silver Member

Jeepers - They are going to chase people away from shooting by making it too expensive. I had heard Hillary Clinton mention this several years back.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:56 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep View Post
Jeepers - They are going to chase people away from shooting by making it too expensive. I had heard Hillary Clinton mention this several years back.
Never put anything past that underhanded b*tch.....

Heard Obummer pitched a fit about the gun laws not passing, so now he's talking about pushing E.O.'s to get stuff passed. His highness needs to be impeached for treason and tyrannies against the US Constitution.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM
Gold Member

I think if he trys to issue an E.O. on something that has already been voted against he probably will be impeached. He's like a spoiled little kid. He needs to be thrown out.

Old 04-21-2013, 06:54 AM
Bronze Member

one way to get started, and hold your initial costs down is to buddy up with a local reloader. take advantage of their knowledge and experience, and use their equipment to determine what may fit your needs. I've done this with many beginners over the last 30 yrs, just as someone did for me when I was starting.

p.s. - doesn't hurt to bring a gift of whatever they shoot, say a box of bullets to fit their favorite or a new widget to try out.

tell folks about where you are located, and ask if someone would be willing to spend some time as a mentor. remember guys, if you pay it forward, you will reap as you sow.

Rick
Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 AM
Silver Member

Rick - That is a great idea.

I had mentors but I had to buy all my equipment up front. I do have a shooting buddy now who would have done what you suggest and it certainly would have helped. The one thing we have to avoid is buying stuff we don't need but looks nice in the catalog, a reloading buddy would help a new hand-loader avoid this.

This is also a great way to make friends shooting. Shooting and hunting can be such a tight knit group it is always nice to have a few friends, "eyes and ears out in the field so to speak".