Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Lapua short mag brass

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

Re: Lapua short mag brass

I email them about every 6 months about 300 RUM brass........... please please please.

I guess if I had the market setup for the 338 LM I might not rush to make RUM brass. If I was an american manufacturer I might look at the drool on all the lapua brass and decide to make a decent product...... sorry, had to rant a second

Count me in on the WSM bandwagon also though
Old 11-12-2011, 11:32 AM
Bronze Member

Where I'm from in Wyoming, the 7 saum is a very popular with long range shooters. The 180 bergers at 2950 make the 7 saum a great long range rifle.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:51 PM

How about the 300 WSM, the 30 cal version would have to be getting popular with both target shooters and hunters, any likelyhood of 300 WSM from Lapua?
Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
Ron,

Sorry, but I'd have to say pretty slim right now. It'd be a new draw for us from the ground up, as we don't have any other cases that utilize this head size. Right now, as I'd mentioned previously, we're taking a lot more requests for the 7mm SAUM. If, and that means "IF", we go this route, I suspect that would be the first one we'd make. Be happy to keep you posted as I hear more.

In the meantime, anyone who's going to the SHOT show, stop on by! The Finns will be here, and you can talk with them directly about new cartridge suggestions. And yes, they really do pay attention to US market requests.

See you there?
Any updates on possible 7mm SAUM/WSM brass from Lapua?

Thanks
Richard
Old 03-11-2013, 05:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
Ron,

Sorry, but I'd have to say pretty slim right now. It'd be a new draw for us from the ground up, as we don't have any other cases that utilize this head size. Right now, as I'd mentioned previously, we're taking a lot more requests for the 7mm SAUM. If, and that means "IF", we go this route, I suspect that would be the first one we'd make. Be happy to keep you posted as I hear more.

In the meantime, anyone who's going to the SHOT show, stop on by! The Finns will be here, and you can talk with them directly about new cartridge suggestions. And yes, they really do pay attention to US market requests.

See you there?
Kevin,

Any news on this?

Thanks,

Mark

PS, would really love to see some 300 RUM brass as well

You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you make good use of it.
~ John Quincy Adams