Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Lapua bullets sold out everywhere !!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 01:42 AM

Lapua bullets sold out everywhere !!!!

Ok I get it, when you reload for 338 with lapua brass its hard to find at times but generally you can look around on the web and you can find some.

I cant find one single place that has lapua scenar 300gr HPBT, its starting to make me quite upset.

its like come on guys you can plainly see there is a demand for these bullets how hard is it to pump them out, its not like there forming brass cases!
Old 02-15-2013, 06:56 AM
Gold Member

Re: Lapua bullets sold out everywhere !!!!

I feel the same way about the powder. I mean seriously, how long does it take to throw some ingredients in a mixer then squeeze it through a mini playdow extruder then dry it, and throw it in a cans. Come on hodgdon, step up you game here! They could be making money hand over fist.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Gold Member

Here ya go:

Bruno Shooters Supply: 338 Caliber - .339 Diameter

Says they are in stock, and they are pretty good at keeping their web pages up to date.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:45 AM
Bronze Member

I have heard the companys are running 24-7 non stop..

What I blame it on is the damn hoarders out there.I remember last time this happen and people were going hog wield hoarding it up..I have been looking world wide for some winchester brass in 308 cal..So far some once fired here and there.Oh well..Guess I will have to wait...
Old 02-15-2013, 11:53 AM
Gold Member

Watched a guy in my LGS the other day buy 4 mixed cans of powder and 5 mixed boxes of bullets. And he didn't know the first thing about handloading.
Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM

I am going to agree with the hording statement, There are ppl buying thousands of dollars of ammo and bullets just so they can put it up on sights like gunbroker.com and mark it up and make a profit. leaving the normal shooters struggling to find everything.

Its like I can see the 30rd mag, and the .223 frenzy, but really there not coming after our bolt action 308s and 338s
Old 02-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobound View Post
Its like I can see the 30rd mag, and the .223 frenzy, but really there not coming after our bolt action 308s and 338s
yet.....
They will if they get their way and people don't push back enough. Death by 1000 cuts.
Everyone I know that shoots has been stocked up for years if they actually shoot a lot.