Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Ladder patterns...new brass and once fired

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2005, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

Ladder patterns...new brass and once fired

Hey guys , y'all don't know what a treasure you have in this member [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You see , I'm gonna tell on me [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] well, maybe not so great a treasure [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Ok , heres the deal , new gun, new brass , newbie [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Ladder tests are great when all things are the same on follow up load development. So, when you change over to neck sizing only ( like , on the follow up loadind ) don't expect things to go as planned / expected by the previous test. However , you can save those initial "new brass" test to load some spot on loads for the initial fireforming of your new brass to your chamber.

After running the same ladder test with new brass then neck only sized brass with the same incremental changes in powder , I noticed a dramatic tightening of the ladder test . Actually , I think I should run those tests at 400 for greater clarity .
Whats good about this is that when I have to break in new brass I have a load that will shoot right off the bat. Anyway , that is how it worked for me . Jim