Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Which kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Bronze Member

Which kit

I'm going to start reloading soon and like these 2 kits and wanted to get some opinions on them:

Lyman Products Your Primary Source for Reloading Equipment

Hornady Manufacturing Company :: Reloading :: Metallic Reloading :: Presses :: Lock-N-Load Classic :: Lock-N-LoadŽ Classic Kit

All opinions are appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 AM
Gold Member

Re: Which kit

i think kits are ok if you are truly a novice, but I would suggest buying individual pieces. Get the best press you can afford(and like) and a good scale and powder measure, and SEVERAL reloading manuals. Then add equipment as you need it. Check gun shows and at the range you use, I bet there are several people with "extra" stuff you can pick up .
Old 11-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Which kit

+1 on MTBULLET, every word of it. All the kits will have pieces you need, along with several you don't. Buying piecemeal allows you to select just what you want, for YOUR particular reloading needs. That, and the fact that no one has a corner on the equipment market; none of them makes "the best" stuff out there. They all make both good stuff, as well as more . . . "not good" stuff. In the end, I'll bet money that you'll find, Lee, Redding, RCBS, Sinclair, etc., stuff on your bench rather than all of the same make. Don't get too locked in on any one make, and you'll save yourself some frustration in the long run.

Kevin Thomas
Lapua USA