Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Juenke icc machine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Juenke icc machine

Gary, you should back away from this un.
The ICC uses ultarsonic thickness measurement for bullet jacket variance. It can also be used to see brass thickness variance, so I've heard, but I used mine only for bullets.
The real benefit behind it is to spot bullets with truly small jacket thickness variance, and hopefully center of gravity would then be just that. These would be the bullets to release in a match.
This bullet factor and tool have actually been proven significant in the past. It's not just another feel-good toy.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Juenke icc machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
Gary, you should back away from this un.
The ICC uses ultarsonic thickness measurement for bullet jacket variance. It can also be used to see brass thickness variance, so I've heard, but I used mine only for bullets.
The real benefit behind it is to spot bullets with truly small jacket thickness variance, and hopefully center of gravity would then be just that. These would be the bullets to release in a match.
This bullet factor and tool have actually been proven significant in the past. It's not just another feel-good toy.
I'll take you advice, but it sure looks expensive. Also the idea of using ultrasonic measuring devices died in the 1970's. The idea was to use it with very large shapes (ICBM bodies for one), and they were looking for flaws in the metal
gary