Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Incredible article seen in 6mmBR.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Silver Member

Re: Incredible article seen in 6mmBR.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA48 View Post
Goofycat, Thanks for posting. Some how I have never come across
this article, and although im not around the bench game much a very
interesting read none the less.
I don't do much bench shooting either, since my local gun club lost its lease 10 or 15 years ago, and the land was taken over by a quarry company next to it. The nearest range is now over 30 miles away---on a dairy ranch---and is very poorly kept. They charge $10/day to use what they call a "range." It won't break the bank, but it is a far cry from the great facility the private club had before. When the club moved to the ranch, the cameraderie was lost because the ranch is also open to the public. Many of them are first-time shooters and don't know the proper range protocol.

I go there only to sight-in my rifles to check out the results of my occasional reloading, but I have no more reason to compete in club events held at the ranch (I dropped out when they moved). Too many wet cow pies to hopscotch around when changing targets. But enough whining.

Last edited by Goofycat; 11-18-2011 at 10:43 AM. Reason: spelling changes
Old 11-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Silver Member

That is interesting. Kinda like getting to see what goes on atop Mt. Olympus. I bet there are some stories.

I need to give you a call eddybo.

Tell mr Don I said hello.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Silver Member

Well whether it was posted here previously or not, I am very happy to have been able to read it.

Thanks, to those who were involved in both the shooting there, and to those who brought the story to "the rest of us."
Old 11-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Silver Member

I too really liked the article and what it had to offer.the one thing that got my attion was the way he shoot the rifel he was testing with.to just allow yourself to just about do nothing to the rifel and just pull the trigger seems to be a good idea.but would think it would be hard to do with say a bigger cal. rife no matter the weight of it.

I wounder if he would shoot a 300wm the same as he did with the rifel he was testing with.for me I have to hold onto my 300wm.but might try his way.would like to hear his thoughts on this.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Gold Member

I've tried shooting my 300wsm that way with no success. I can't even shoot it with my left hand back at the rear bag. My gun likes to be held on the forend. I think with the brake on there and usually shooting off a bipod it likes to hop so I have to hang onto it. I had a big smile on my face after reading the article. It opens your eyes to things especially in the brass prep. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Gold Member

How many of you guys are going to cut your barrels down to 21 3/4"?
Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Silver Member

^....LOL if it were only a target rifle, maaaaaybe. But NO WAY since I hunt with mine.