Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Incredible article seen in 6mmBR.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Silver Member

Incredible article seen in 6mmBR.com

I recently read this article in the 6mmBR.com articles section and was fascinated by the entire article, including what it took to achieve almost perfect accuracy. A fascinating "read," and an article well-written. This should interest both long and short-range shooters, as well as newcomers/oldtimers who reload. Click on the suggested long version.

"Friends, we’re talking about firing group after group approximately the same size as the gap on your spark plugs."

Secrets of the Houston Warehouse — Read this classic article « Daily Bulletin

Enjoy....
Old 11-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Incredible article seen in 6mmBR.com

Do you mean this one on LRH about 5 years ago?

secrets of the houston warehouse
Old 11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

The Huston warehouse is something of a legend but the loading info is very misleading unless we have the same kind of rifles as was used in the article. And only a very few of us do! BUT - I suspect the charges varying as wide as two full grains in a 35 gr. charge applies to any well developed load for shooting inside maybe 300 yards. (That's why I get amused by loaders saying they want every charge to be more consistant than a mere .1 gr.! )
Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Funny that this post came up today. At lunch today with Don Geraci we were talking about this article. If you read the article where they list the shooters Don's name comes up first and the list is not in alphabetical order. His name came first because he was the best BR shooter in the world at that time. He was the guy to beat before BR giant Tony Boyer came along to be the absolute best ever at the game. His take on the warehouse is a little different than the author of the article, but I am not going to say more than that until I ask Don if I can quote him. I suspect that he will give me permission because Don is sorta outspoken.

I forgot to mention that Don is still a great shooter, but has lost his desire to compete. This is Don popping PDs while my wife spots for him. He also builds the most accurate rifles I have ever owned.

Last edited by eddybo; 11-16-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Silver Member

Disagreements or no disagreements, for me the article had a lot of technique stuff that I will try out just to see if it improves accuracy. I'm no Don Geraci, Boyer or Tubb---not even close---but since I am only an occasional shooter, the article brought to my attention things I had either forgotten or not considered. Eddy, I hope Don gives you the okay to post his opinions on the warehouse tests. I would enjoy reading what he has to say.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Silver Member

Goofycat, Thanks for posting. Some how I have never come across
this article, and although im not around the bench game much a very
interesting read none the less.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:09 AM
PUBLISHER

eddybo, on our WY hunt together, I enjoyed getting to know Tom who speaks highly of your knowledge and generosity.

Long Range Hunting Rifles

Long Range Rifles, LLC - Ready To Ship

Components and assembly by LRH Sponsors