Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

IMR 8208 XBR loads for 22-250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2010, 01:43 AM
Silver Member

IMR 8208 XBR loads for 22-250

I have read it isnt as finiky of a powder for handloaders? first off i have a rem 700 in .22-250 bedded cheap plastic stock, 26in barrel 1-12 twist with trigger spring thats all. nothing special just pretty much out the box! i load 38grs of H-380 in hornady brass, with the new 35gr nosler lead free bullets since i live in CA in the lead free zone. but i can get 1/2 moa 5 shot groups out of it, havent chronoy it yet. but i shot a .470 yesturday at 100yds. so whats the deal with this new powder should i give it a try has anybody loaded it yet?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: IMR 8208 XBR loads for 22-250

Sorry I dont have any info on that powder. Have you tried a ''search'' here on L/R/H? Theres gotta be some other poor souls from Cal. with load info on ''Condor friendly'' bullets and IMR powder for a 22-250.
Hey maybe if California decides to re-join the U.S., and youve already done the leg work, youll be ahead of the game for load data, and can share your experiences.
Im not pullin any punches, I truly do feel for you guys down there, and un fortunately every new law in Cal. effects Oregon in one devistating form or another. Good Luck on your search, and post your results if you give it a whirl, as Im sure theres plenty of other folks with simmilar questions.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Sorry I dont have any info on that powder. Have you tried a ''search'' here on L/R/H? Theres gotta be some other poor souls from Cal. with load info on ''Condor friendly'' bullets and IMR powder for a 22-250.
Hey maybe if California decides to re-join the U.S., and youve already done the leg work, youll be ahead of the game for load data, and can share your experiences.
Im not pullin any punches, I truly do feel for you guys down there, and un fortunately every new law in Cal. effects Oregon in one devistating form or another. Good Luck on your search, and post your results if you give it a whirl, as Im sure theres plenty of other folks with simmilar questions.
Hey Winmag how do our dog crap gun laws here in CA effect you all in Oregon ? What about Idaho ?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:48 PM
Gold Member

I think it has something to do with all the Californians being sick of all the retarded decisions and laws they made there, so they moved up here so they can screw our state up too.... No offense but seriously....
Old 04-14-2010, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovastafford View Post
I think it has something to do with all the Californians being sick of all the retarded decisions and laws they made there, so they moved up here so they can screw our state up too.... No offense but seriously....
I'm not offended but I didn't make those laws.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Platinum Member

Ok guys, easy. I wasnt trying to stir the pot here. Iron worker, we both live on the ''left coast''. We either get lefty wacos trying to copy every ''green law'' your hippies come up with or funding for freakish things like chaining ones self to a tree to prevent logging etc. Then theres the ''other'' laws were not allowed to talk about on L/R/H. Not to mention the hoards of folks pouring into Oregon from Cali because Cali is so messed up.............. then they wanna change Oregon into Cali and mess it up too.

Know this. I do feel bad for normal folks like you and me and others of our kind no matter what state theyre from.Oregonians are to blame for our own crappy laws and Un fortunately for Oregonians, Portland and Eugene make all the rules for the rest of the state. No Californians are not soely responsible for our crappy laws, but California has alot of ''sway'' with the leftists' here, and were only about 3-10 yrs behind you guys on almost every enviro issue out there. No our Condors (vultures/Turkey buzzards) dont have that special law yet, but theyll find something. ''Maybe lead bullets effect the sasquach in Oregon, and look what Cal. did for the condor, we better get on board and pass a law so we can see one someday'' Ya right but thats the truth on how it goes here. They wait till the $ and endless law suits form Cal. corrupt a judge just once and then use his ruling for more rediculous laws.
In the end its folks like you and me that have egg on our face because of what others have decided is a good idea. Cali seems to be runner up to Wa D.C. in CRAPPY gun laws, and its boiling over to Oregon too. Im not pointing the finger at you personally. You certainly dont vote in Oregon. I do, but I certainly dont vote that way. But we just get bum rushed and laws get shoved down our throat anyway.
The analagy of Cal. re-joining the U.S. someday was simply a referance from an outside point of view looking in. California is WAY WAY WAY out there and doesnt seem to care how much negitave influence they have on other states. You may care and I may care, but the rest of what makes ''Cal'', ''Cal'' doesnt care AT ALL. And they keep coming here. Id be glad to have normal folks like you who work for a living ''IRON WORKER'' and sound ''normal''. But it always seems to be the ''other Cali'' folks swarming here.
This has gone way off in another direction for IMR/ 22-250 load info. Can anyone help this guy out? Im not into ''hi-jacking'' threads.

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Gold Member

I just wanted to apologize also if I offended anyone. I totally agree with win mag. I really feel bad for you guys but its not much better up here and its getting worst.