Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Imperial Dry Lube

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Imperial Dry Lube

try powdered graphite. One bottle will last you a long, long time, and sizes very accurately. Down side is that it gets your fingers a little dirty.
gary
Old 08-08-2013, 12:53 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I started using this exact product to aid in consistent bullet seating pressure. I use Titanium Nitride Bushings for neck sizing and that requires no lube. But I have recently used the dry lube on necks with both steel and TN bushings and it does a nice job of smoothing out this process too. I think it does a good job and makes each case glide in and out easier.

Jeff
Jeff, i know you dont like it as a case lube, but have you tried hornady one shot spray lube in the necks? I did a test yesterday on some cases with, and without the one shot in the necks, the results really surprised me. I will post them up once i can snap some pictures.

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 08-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Silver Member

I also have the Dry Lube, but never used it. I use Imperial / Redding Wax by dipping the case neck in the wax. Then I wipe off the excess was off and lube the rest of the case with my fingers. Never had any stuck cases and it wash off easily.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
I started using this exact product to aid in consistent bullet seating pressure. I use Titanium Nitride Bushings for neck sizing and that requires no lube. But I have recently used the dry lube on necks with both steel and TN bushings and it does a nice job of smoothing out this process too. I think it does a good job and makes each case glide in and out easier.

Jeff
So with this product you don't have to wipe it off the case after resizing?
And, what other case lube products are like this? Maybe the Hornady One Shot, as mentioned before?
Because that would save alot of time......
Brent
Old 08-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMF View Post
So with this product you don't have to wipe it off the case after resizing?
And, what other case lube products are like this? Maybe the Hornady One Shot, as mentioned before?
Because that would save alot of time......
Brent
The imperial dry lube is more of a dust like graphite. It is in no way like wet lubes or as messy. It will have a slight dust you can wipe off with a dry towel if you want, but I don't. It will get on your fingers but I doubt you will know it and it rinses off with ease.

I am using the Imperial Dry lube for two things. Lube inside the necks for conststent bullets seating. And lube on the outside of the necks for neck sizing. I still use the lube pad with RCBS case lube to size case body and then wipe that off with a towel and a shot of brake cleaner.

Jeff
Old 08-11-2013, 07:31 PM
Silver Member

Gotcha, that's pretty much the same thing i do. Thanks Broz

Brent