Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

I'm new to the berger family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM

I'm new to the berger family

I've got a Winchester model 70 in a coyote all stock and have reloaded with 168 VLD's with 68 grains of imr H1000, nickel brass and cci mag primers. and I do not have the Berger reloading manual yet, the best I have figured out the speed is around 2925?. Is the FPS close? I will be ordering a manual after x-mas but with 4 kids money is tight this time of the year..... any help will be great. thanks guys
Old 12-11-2013, 06:01 PM
Gold Member

Re: I'm new to the berger family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchelor View Post
I've got a Winchester model 70 in a coyote all stock and have reloaded with 168 VLD's with 68 grains of imr H1000, nickel brass and cci mag primers. and I do not have the Berger reloading manual yet, the best I have figured out the speed is around 2925?. Is the FPS close? I will be ordering a manual after x-mas but with 4 kids money is tight this time of the year..... any help will be great. thanks guys
What caliber??
Old 12-11-2013, 09:09 PM

Sorry cowboy, it's a 7mm wsm
Old 12-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batchelor View Post
Berger has the max load of 68.1gr H1000 @ 2912fps for the 7mm WSM. They tested with a 24 inch barrel and a COAL of 2.860 You understand that is just approximate? In your rifle it could be quite different.

There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man. Sir Winston Churchill.

Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labor in freedom. Einstein