Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

If you don't have a good supply...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
Silver Member

If you don't have a good supply...

I just did a quick check of some of my favorite suppliers. The places that listed my favorite powders, primers, and bullets as in stock 7-10 days ago now list them all as Out of Stock or Back-Ordered. The panic has set in. 2 weeks ago I could've bought .223 in 1,000 round lots. Today, not even one .223 round or the parts to build a round can be found (easily).

Panic has set in and it's far worse than four years ago...
Old 12-30-2012, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: If you don't have a good supply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike6158 View Post
I just did a quick check of some of my favorite suppliers. The places that listed my favorite powders, primers, and bullets as in stock 7-10 days ago now list them all as Out of Stock or Back-Ordered. The panic has set in. 2 weeks ago I could've bought .223 in 1,000 round lots. Today, not even one .223 round or the parts to build a round can be found (easily).

Panic has set in and it's far worse than four years ago...
Yep, I have a good supply of loaded on hand, but not enough stuff to reload for two different 22 cal's if this continues for terribly long. I may have to stay away from the 22's and shoot my 270's, 7mm's, or 30 cal's. Oh, the shame!!! I've actually got enough around after the last time this happened I can shoot for years without buying much at all. I wish others had thought a bit about who really is steering the sinking ship we're on. Heck, I've even gotten into lead pills for a couple of cal's so I can roll my own without worrying about bullet sourcing.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Silver Member

If I was going to get in a bind it would be with bullets but I'm n good shape on those too. I'm more concerned that it's happening than I am about not having what I need. Panic drives people to do dumb things.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member

I could use a few more 75 grain match slugs for mine( 55 are too light)-- why bother pulling the trigger if you can't hit?? Other that that I'll survive just fine. You are correct that panic = bad and possibly very dumb things happening.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member

I don't know why people do this everytime a ban idea comes out. They are talking about a ban on AR's and high capacity mags. Not powder, primers and bullets. It's crazy how people react to such things. I am betting that the buy outs on that stuff will start to slow down after a few months like it did last time. It would be a cold day in hell before they got to ban all that stuff. Just my opinion on it.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Gold Member

They don't like the ammo that feeds these weapons either, especially the military over runs in the hands of civilians....oh no!
db
Old 01-01-2013, 08:55 PM
Platinum Member

Dang, it's worse out there than even a week ago. There aren't ANY ar mags available locally and the bullet supply has vanished. Powder is bad too. Try finding srm primers...The local online marketplace has a few trying to make bank from the situation selling AR's at twice normal prices. It's absurd.