Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

I think its time...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Gold Member

I think its time...

I have a few friends who are GunSmiths and they are behind three weeks on geting rifles ready for hunting and shooting..Don't be one of the guys who needs his work done one week before season opens or before he need to fly out of state for hunting. I think its now.
If you plan to hit the benches be ready.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Bronze Member

Re: I think its time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc View Post
I have a few friends who are GunSmiths and they are behind three weeks on geting rifles ready for hunting and shooting..Don't be one of the guys who needs his work done one week before season opens or before he need to fly out of state for hunting. I think its now.
If you plan to hit the benches be ready.
Keith, do you know riflebuilders around that area? My mom and dad live south of Swartz Creek but I didn't know there were any smiths around there....other than williams, whom I won't let build me a rifle.

I'm using Dick Williams from down in Saginaw right now. I have a 25-06AI there at the moment, and also have another 243AI barrel job for him to chamber that I'm dropping off when I pick up the 25-06AI. Also have an LTR 223 here that I need punched out for yet another 223AI build.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Gold Member

I just called Dick about 1:30 this afternoon, they have a rifle of mine and its not done,
I told them I am in no hurry. Dick has built me some Damned good rifles. you won't go wrong he is one of the guys that has sent quite a few barrels back. There quality is A+.
they are busyer than a cat covering scat right now, but when is comes to a Blue Print they pull all stops and its quality..you won't go wrong.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Bronze Member

Good info. This is the first I'm having him build me and it was nice to walk into a shop and talk to the smith. I've used smiths from all over the country for builds but I liked being able to talk to him face to face.

What are you having him build you?

Here's the specs on my current build. It's going to be a Faux-TI of sorts. Basically a dupe of Remingtons old Ti rifles, but without the Ti action.

Rem 700 L/A
PacNor SS match 1-10"tw 3-grv Rem Mtn Rifle contour @ 23"
Takeoff Rem ADL Ti stock
It'll wear Talley LW's and a 1" 3.5-10x40 turreted Leupold.
I'll be running 115gr VLD's and they should be in the 3300fps range and I think this rifle will be a good one.

I can't wait to get it back.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:48 PM
Gold Member

I have an old Springfield I am returning to 1940 condition he does a real good restoration.
I just don't have time.

Has the snow melted yet? I wonted to come up and do some ice fishing on McCormic lake.
Its open I bet. I will be hitting Camp 8 this spring. for mushrooms, and a quick stop to see the Huffs.