Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

I need some help explaining this one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Silver Member

Re: I need some help explaining this one

The problem is; and the most likely reason why CM made the statement; is because some people do not understand neck turning and where it is applicable. Same with primer pockets, and the removal of flash from the inside of the case. "Uniforming" the seating depth of the primer pocket is a different operation, entirely.

Do these procedures have value? Depends. Will any "procedure" on your brass, suddenly turn the average factory rifle into a quarter incher? Unlikely.

Good hunting. LB
Old 06-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Silver Member

Re: I need some help explaining this one

The only thing in my life that has a totally honest approach (outside of scripture) is the scientific method. This has been my guiding light low these many years of shooting, and when I feel that I want a certain result from my work, I will only test double blind. It is vary hard to keep what we think we know out of the realm of what we know! Hey I'm just as guilty as the next guy. When this flashole uniformer first hit the market, I bought one. 1975 I remember the year well, My first taste of benchrest shooting. It took me years before I tested this theory. I'm no smarter than anybody else, but I was looking for what worked and what did not work. It costs a heck of a lot of money and time to prove one way or another what works and what doesn't when using the scientific method. This is why so few people do it. And hell, it is a lot easier to just go on spouting the same old crap as everyone else. You kinda fit-in better that way. Benchrest is the best place I know to learn follow the leader. If you don't think some shooters don't get a kick out of this, guess again. A good case spinner will tell you what you need to know about your brass before you get your bowels in and uproar. Spin the cases boys and learn. I've saved a ton of work spinning new cases, rejecting the bad and selling it to the guys that want to weigh all there bananas. Why shooters don't want to spin cases? It takes a heck of a lot of time, it cost nearly two hundred bucks to buy a really good cases spinning set-up, last but not least some guys just can't get away from the use of there reloading scales I guess. But if you are just wanting to prove that you can recite the rote about case preparation and are not embarrassed when you lie, then please don't let me stop you from having fun. I only hope your conscious BURNS like HELL ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]