Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

I have a problem...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Bronze Member

Re: I have a problem...

Thanks to all for the feedback. Imperial wax and RCBS Stuck Case Remover have officially been added to the shopping list. Now if I can just save this die...

As for the aforementioned homemade lube, punxsutawn, it is lanolin and alcohol. I'm wondering if the mixture was wrong, if it set too long, or what went wrong. Either way I will not be using this particular bottle again.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Silver Member

I made my own stuck case removal tools a few years ago and can vouch for needing one. Everyone will or has had a stuck case. If you reload enough it's almost a given.

Punxsutawn; Where are you from?
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Platinum Member

Always amazing to hear praise on wax for sizing.
I had stuck cases with Imperial sizing wax, that was in part resolved with RCBS case lube.

Guess my interference fitting monster was worse than normal. Ripped off rims, knocked the casehead clean off trying to drive one out, and finally had to send die off to maker for case removal. He suggested I toss the die off a bridge. Problem was it was a very expensive Tubbs die for 6XC.. And the cases sized were fresh from a Tubb T2K!
Anyway, toss the die, get real case lube, and another or better yet custom die.
JLC Precision is very reasonable on custom fitted dies, so are most factory die makers.