Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

How hard is it to learn to reload ?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #15  
Old 04-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mount vernon, OH
Posts: 671
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

Ammunition reloading video tutorials by ammosmith.com - ammosmith.com is your friend.

Single stage press. Buy a Forster Co-AX Bar none. Case trimmer, buy a WFT case trimmer.
__________________



"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 248
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe0121 View Post
Ammunition reloading video tutorials by ammosmith.com - ammosmith.com is your friend.

Single stage press. Buy a Forster Co-AX Bar none. Case trimmer, buy a WFT case trimmer.


hmmm... a What The _uck case trimmer??? now I've seen everything.. !!!!

get a manual too, if you are truly curious, to find out what all goes into it.. its really your self interest that drives you to reload (also a little anal retentiveness in the details helps).. videos helps a bunch too, but, honestly if you decide to get into it, you really need to grab a manual like Lyman, Sierra, Hornady, etc and read the front section.. a world of info right there in a couple chapters! imagine that, A BOOK !!!

ps.. that is too broad a question,, do some research and get back here, there are plenty of members on here that are more than willing to help out in specifics...
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ohio
Posts: 248
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

oops! that's "WFT" I mean.. I dislexic I guess ..
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mount vernon, OH
Posts: 671
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lever-hed View Post
hmmm... a What The _uck case trimmer??? now I've seen everything.. !!!!

get a manual too, if you are truly curious, to find out what all goes into it.. its really your self interest that drives you to reload (also a little anal retentiveness in the details helps).. videos helps a bunch too, but, honestly if you decide to get into it, you really need to grab a manual like Lyman, Sierra, Hornady, etc and read the front section.. a world of info right there in a couple chapters! imagine that, A BOOK !!!

ps.. that is too broad a question,, do some research and get back here, there are plenty of members on here that are more than willing to help out in specifics...
Worlds Finest Trimmer It really is awesome. Size you brass then run it in the trimmer super fast and super repeatable results.
__________________



"Let glorious acts more glorious acts inspire,
And catch from breast to breast the noble fire!
On valour's side the odds of combat lie,
The brave live glorious, or lamented die;" - Iliad, Book V
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 92
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

Thank you everyone for your combined experience and knowledge.
I do have one question, which came to mind after the Boston marathon Bombing.
Is it going to become harder to buy the powder used for reloading?
Those idiots used fireworks to obtain their powder but, I wonder if that might lead to a crack-down on reloading powder availability?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-25-2013, 02:43 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 568
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

I think I ended up spending about 750$ initially but at the core of my equipment was a Forster co-ax press, Wilson case trimmer and an RCBS rangemaster 750 powder scale. I ended up finishing out with a Redding model 3 powder drop, and a Forster bench priming tool for faster priming over the press mounted seater and better feel. Soon after that I ended up buyin a 21st century 6mm expander die, neck trimmer tool for 6mm as well as their concentricity gauge.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,276
Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Owl Mirror View Post
Thank you everyone for your combined experience and knowledge.
I do have one question, which came to mind after the Boston marathon Bombing.
Is it going to become harder to buy the powder used for reloading?
Those idiots used fireworks to obtain their powder but, I wonder if that might lead to a crack-down on reloading powder availability?
I don't even wanna think about it.....You know they'll probably try, knowing this anti-gun administration that's a bunch of anti-american tricksters.

If you don't like this country, leave it the hell alone, and go somewhere else where they're already screwed, and don't allow guns and freedom. Quit trying to ruin our country, too.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC