Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

How hard is it to learn to reload ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member

Re: How hard is it to learn to reload ?

for several years I used the McDonalds coffee spoon to trickle powder with till I finally broke my last one (the spoon they banned). Then picked up an RCBS trickler, and I think it's the only one I've ever owned. Works OK. I use Pact electronic scales, and have owned four of them. Still own three. Before that I was using an Ohaus 304, and before that either a 505 or a 10-10. Hard to go wrong with the 10-10, but I like the Pacts better. With ball powder, I check every eight or ten charges to make sure all is well. But with stick powders I virtually weigh every charge. My little Lyman will throw ball powder within a two tenth grain window all day long, and usually much less than that. My Harrell is only slightly better, but has much better repeatability from setup to setup. In otherwords I don't have to tweek it after dialing in the settings. Down the road I may opt to buy another 10-10 scale, but doubt I'll buy another electronic scale as the ones I have work well for me.
gary