Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Hornady New Dimension 'Match Grade' dies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Gold Member

Hornady New Dimension 'Match Grade' dies

Hello all,

I'm trying to find some detailed info on these dies... but it seems to be a little sparse out there. I've been told that the seater die has a complete sleeve inside like a Redding Competition seater or Forster Ultra seater, as compared to their 'Custom Grade' dies which seem to be more caliber specific than cartridge specific, and not very handy as a result. I've gathered that the bushing F/L size die is the Hornady analog of the Redding Type 'S' F/L bushing die, correct?

Anybody out there using these dies and able to give a comparison between them and the offerings from Redding or Forster? How well does the add-on micrometer (Micro-just) knob work? How much adjustment per revolution?

I've been kind of surprised at how little info there is out there on these dies - nothing on the seater at all even on Hornady's site.

TIA,

Monte
Old 12-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Hornady New Dimension 'Match Grade' dies

why don't you try calling Hornady. i usually call the vendor and then see if the word on the street backs up what they tell me.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Silver Member

Re: Hornady New Dimension 'Match Grade' dies

I have the hornady seater die for my 22-250 and 223, it makes getting the little bullets lined up properly a breeze. I really like it, and the micro-adjust works well for me. It is very repeatable.