Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Hornady LnL case prep center for accurate handloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Silver Member

Re: Hornady LnL case prep center for accurate handloading

I've been eyeballing case trimmers and neck turning tools. I think I'm leaning towards Lyman, maybe Hornady.

Comments, and Opinions are welcome.

Old 12-13-2010, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member

Unless you just have a desire to say you know how to turn necks and then be a member the club with those of us who have ruined a couple of batches of brass then I would say don't spend money on one and instead buy quality brass.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyGP View Post
I've been eyeballing case trimmers and neck turning tools. I think I'm leaning towards Lyman, maybe Hornady.

Comments, and Opinions are welcome.

Hard to beat the Forester line for trimming and neck turning tools. Their stuff is very accurate!

Scott
Old 12-13-2010, 10:53 AM
Silver Member

I use the Sinclair/Wilson trimmer and could not be more pleased with it. I also have the Forster trimmer which in most cases now sits collecting dust.

I also have the RCBS case prep center and am very pleased with it. it beats the heck out of manually deburring, chamfering, cleaning/uniforming primer pockets, and deburring flash holes.

For neck turning, I use the Forster neck turning tool, with a Sinclair case holder. I also use the Sinclair expander die to get the necks to the right diameter. Doing this I will sometimes have to take .0005" to .001" off of either the expander or case turning mandrel to get just the right fit, but that is a one time thing and easy enough to do.