Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Heavy vs. Light Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Heavy vs. Light Bullets

I had a 300wm in a pss and it to like the 190smk and it shot well. I shot the barrel out shooting ground squirles with it because I liked shooting them with it. I would look at the bergers if I was you, If she dosent have to make a weight and she isnt going to be packing it around I would get a night force on it with night force rings and bases along with a harris bipod and it weighs it down enough that it dosent want to move. At least not enough to kick real bad, I had a 10yr old 70lb kid shooting mine when I had it up and running and he shot it fine.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:54 AM
Silver Member

Thanks for all the info guys. I will start with either the 190SMK or the 195 Bergers. I appreciate the help.

SES
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.' -Unknown
Old 06-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Silver Member

I shoot 210 Bergers when I need a "no worries" - range up to 600 meters or so. Tikka T3 Tactical. 300 WM.

Yeah I know thatīs not exactly far out. I can hit an A4 at 500 m but thatīs it.

Bergers are very nice boolits. I also use a big game boolit called "Mira" that has an almost identical vertical path to that heavy Berger. Up to 400 m or so, that is. Berger just doesnīt mind the wind that much and wind is exactly what comes in around those ranges. Much more power left in thoes Bergers, too.

It must be pretty wild furher out there- but Iīm on my way. With Bergers.

One hundred at a time. You must shoot the wind to know it, I guess.