Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Has anybody shot the new Nosler Accubond LR?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 03:37 PM
Gold Member

Has anybody shot the new Nosler Accubond LR?

I'm curious if anybody out there has any feedback on any of the new Nosler Accubond LR?

First, I want to know if anybody is getting good (great) accuracy with them.

Second, has anybody verified their B.C. out to longer distances?

I've got some of the .308 210 grain ALRs on order right now... It will be at least of couple of months until I get some (on backorder) but I"m planning on running them through the paces once they come in. B.C. verification, accuracy, velocity (out of my 300 win mag w/ 26" barrel), and some functional velocity testing as well.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Has anybody shot the new Nosler Accubond LR?

I haven't heard of them being available to the public for another several months.... But, no, I have not shot any. I would like to get my hands on some, but I don't forsee that being feasible until they are publically released.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Gold Member

Thanks MudRunner. I was able to place an order for a couple of boxes over cabelas on Monday. they were listed as backordered estimated at 4-5 weeks to get in stock. And now cabelas has removed the listing and if I search for part number it just says 'item no longer avialable'. I thought maybe somebody had gotten their hands on some but I guess not.

Not holding my breath that I'll see them in 4-5 weeks ...
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 AM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber338 View Post
Thanks MudRunner. I was able to place an order for a couple of boxes over cabelas on Monday. they were listed as backordered estimated at 4-5 weeks to get in stock. And now cabelas has removed the listing and if I search for part number it just says 'item no longer avialable'. I thought maybe somebody had gotten their hands on some but I guess not.

Not holding my breath that I'll see them in 4-5 weeks ...
This happened to me when the 6mm Accubond was announced. Cabela's kept pushing back the arrival date and after 4 months I got an e-mail from them asking me to verify that I wanted to keep the item on backorder. After another 2 months they said the item was no longer available and they cancelled my order.

Nosler has not yet commented on availability of the Accubond LR over on NoslerReloading.com
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Bronze Member

Here is the link for those that haven't seen the new offerings:

Accubond - Nosler - Bullets, Ammunition, Rifles, Brass, Reloading Data, Hunting, Shooting, Reloading, Load Data
Old 12-29-2013, 11:40 PM
Bronze Member

Its been a few months since anyone has posted so I'm just checking if you have had .308 210 grain LR accubond and if you have how'd they shoot??
Old 12-30-2013, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member

I normally shoot 210 VLD Hunting Bergers out of my 300WM 5R and wanted to try the 210 LR Accobonds. I started by simply using the same load as my 210's with the exception of seating the LRAB at .050" off the lands. Without any additional modifications to the load, the velocity/ES is identical, POI is within 1 MOA, the group size tested at 100, 200, and 300 yards is impressive with groups coming in better than the .5MOA I get with the Bergers. I'm anxious to test them for BC at long range which is reported to be comparable to the 210's. While I have done well with the 210's, I'm looking for more expansion on medium sized game at long range.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt