Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

hard upstroke...meaning omg

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 10:46 PM
Silver Member

Re: hard upstroke...meaning omg

Maybe he has the expander ball ran up all the way to the top of the neck area and it is being sized in the case neck. I never have seen that happen, but ya never know. If I had to use the force he is talking about I know I would be sticking a case every time
Old 09-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Platinum Member

Re: hard upstroke...meaning omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Maybe he has the expander ball ran up all the way to the top of the neck area and it is being sized in the case neck. I never have seen that happen, but ya never know. If I had to use the force he is talking about I know I would be sticking a case every time
I don't remember what brand of die the OP was using, and it's not important. A Forster die has the sizing ball setup much higher on the stem than say an RCBS. In theory the case body is contained in the die before the sizing ball goes thru the neck (I know better). I use these dies as well as others, and cannot see any serious difference in pressure as the case leaves the die body when properly lubed.
gary