Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

The grip-n-pull

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Silver Member

The grip-n-pull

Ordered one the other day, meant to get the standard rifle one so I could use it to pull some .308, package arrived today and it was the large rifle puller, the one that goes from 8mm to .458.

Good news is the 8mm slot on the large rifle set pulls the .308 bullets just fine, so it seems! Working good so far, seems to be a little slippery getting the 8mm hole to hold the .308 bullet, but when i "grip" enough it pops em out with no marking on the bullet.

Now to re-order and make sure I get the standard rifle one this time!

Good tool.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Bronze Member

Re: The grip-n-pull

I've looked at this a lot. Does it work with coated bullets?
Old 03-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member

I only pull boo-boo's as a rule and thats not many so my inertia puller works fine, If I was pulling a lot, I'd consider one. I'm not.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:12 PM
Silver Member

I used the inertia hammer puller for exactly 3 bullets. Worked great except for the smashed noses on the soft lead tipped bullets i pulled, and the annoying beating on the concrete. I pulled 70 plus smk with this grip n pull, lickety split, this makes hammer style pullers seem like a stoneage spears compared to a muzzy.

Very nice product to use! Much faster.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
I used the inertia hammer puller for exactly 3 bullets. Worked great except for the smashed noses on the soft lead tipped bullets i pulled, and the annoying beating on the concrete. I pulled 70 plus smk with this grip n pull, lickety split, this makes hammer style pullers seem like a stoneage spears compared to a muzzy.

Very nice product to use! Much faster.
It does look handy.

If you have an inertia hammer type of puller, place an ear plug in the nose of it and it will not hurt the bullets.

I use a collet puller and like the speed and lack of marks on the bullets. It also saves the powder charge if you want to try a different style of bullet during load development.

The only time I use the inertia type hammer is if I don't have a collet for a particular cartridge. The grip n pull might be the replacement for it.

J E CUSTOM
Old 03-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J E Custom View Post
It does look handy.

If you have an inertia hammer type of puller, place an ear plug in the nose of it and it will not hurt the bullets.

I use a collet puller and like the speed and lack of marks on the bullets. It also saves the powder charge if you want to try a different style of bullet during load development.

The only time I use the inertia type hammer is if I don't have a collet for a particular cartridge. The grip n pull might be the replacement for it.

J E CUSTOM
It was great! I got my son to load a round into the shell holder, I ran it up and pulled it, while I dropped the brass and powder into a bucket, my boy would load up another round in the shellholder, so i was constantly "pull,dump,pull,dump" I aint kidding we pulled over 70 .175 smk's in what seemed like 10 minutes. I was dreading pulling 70 bullets with my inertia hammer. Thank goodness I ordered something else. Thanks for the tip about the ear plug....why didnt I think of that
Old 03-09-2014, 11:53 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyshm View Post
I've looked at this a lot. Does it work with coated bullets?
Have not used on any coated bullets, so not sure.