Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Frankford Arsenal Tumbler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Silver Member

Re: Frankford Arsenal Tumbler?

I've been using one for over a year now, so far so good...

Please be aware of lead dust...with all tumblers.

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk17hmr View Post
I load several thousand rounds a year, up until this past August I had a tumbler....well my dad had a tumbler and still does only thing is it is 1500 miles away. I used it until I moved here to Wyoming. My girlfriend and I live in an apartment, its big enough that she doesnt complain about my load gear, a tumbler is the only thing lacking from my setup. I have been washing my brass to get the lube off and clean them, it works but labor intensive and I catch some flack for dryin the brass in the oven.

I am looking at this:
Frankford Arsenal Quick-N-EZ Case Tumbler Master Kit with Quick-N-EZ Rotary Media Separator 110 Volt - MidwayUSA

Just wondering if anyone has one, I know someone will suggest a I should get a Dillon but I dont have that type of money. I work about 2 miles away from the appartment so I can take the tumbler down to the shop on weekends if it is to loud in the appartment....boss wouldnt care as long as I let him use it also.

Opinions please.

I have two of them and absolutely love them. They run great and I particularly like the clear top. I did put some rubber tubing on the rod that holds the cover to the bowl in an effort to protect cases (my little OCD thing I guess), not saying that that would be an issue ever.

In a nutshell, they are great
Old 12-18-2009, 03:38 AM
Bronze Member

I just got one from Bi-Mart about a month ago. It works great. My father has had one for years and it is still going strong.

Tumbling tips:

Lizard Litter from Petco/Petsmart. About 1/3 the cost of reloading specific tumbler media. The walnut cleans quite well and shines the brass up nicely.

Nu Finish for polish. About a cap full every other tumbling. Let it mix for 15 minutes before you put the brass in. Smell is a bit strong, so you might want to put it in outside and let it run for a while with the lid off.

Cut up strips of Bounce in the mix for static/dust control and that lovely fresh spring day scent for your brass. Change every load.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Platinum Member

I don't load nowhere near a thousand/year but i have that same exact one and it works great for me.

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
Bronze Member

Great buy! I have had one for about four years, and I have not had a hiccup out of it. I would strongly suggest this purchase. Although I do not have the seperator at the moment, that will be an addition in the near future.