Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Forster co-ax worth it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 10:52 AM
Silver Member

Forster co-ax worth it?

I have a chance to buy a co-ax press for 300$. Is it worth it? I would be upgrading from a rock chucker
Old 09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Silver Member

Re: Forster co-ax worth it?

299 new from midway plus shipping. Great press I have 2 so I don't have to change shell holder plates.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:29 PM
Gold Member

They are worth every penny!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 12:37 PM
Silver Member

Yes
Old 09-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Silver Member

I will be the desenter, I didn't care for the press. Not saying it's a bad press but I didn't care for the ergonomics or the fact I was always pinching my fingers trying to seat bullets in long cases.

I may not be the best source because I didn't care for the Rock Chucker either. I have Redding Ultramags and Lee Classic series presses on my bench and recommend them to anyone.

Remember, making quality ammo is more a function of paying attention to detail and learning how to use your equipment properly than it is name brand.

That being said there are features you can look for on a press that make your life easier and more pleasurable to use. I happen to like what I have better than anything else I've tried and I've tried a lot.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:07 PM
Gold Member

Great press, ok price.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
I will be the desenter, I didn't care for the press. Not saying it's a bad press but I didn't care for the ergonomics or the fact I was always pinching my fingers trying to seat bullets in long cases.

I may not be the best source because I didn't care for the Rock Chucker either. I have Redding Ultramags and Lee Classic series presses on my bench and recommend them to anyone.

Remember, making quality ammo is more a function of paying attention to detail and learning how to use your equipment properly than it is name brand.

That being said there are features you can look for on a press that make your life easier and more pleasurable to use. I happen to like what I have better than anything else I've tried and I've tried a lot.
Thats the best statement of the entire thread.

He said that she said that we said, don't count for squat and I to don't consider Chucker to a Forrester an upgrade but rather a lateral move.

Both have their quirks and strong points. With a Forrester, you have to set the adjustable shell plates instead of using shell holders and unless you get the Forrester Co-Ax priming tool, you'll stell need shell plates (or a derivative) to prime so why not just keep the chucker.

The Forrester has a better leverage ratio than the chucker so if you are FL sizing magnum length cases, thats an advantage but the fiddle factor on a Forrester is much higher than a Chucker or a Lee or a Lyman. I don't want to fiddle, Drop in a shell holder, set the die and size brass.