Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

First time @distance

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

First time @distance

Been shooting 3/4 moa at 100yds on my first reloads about 30 total no problems. Went out to 600yds today first group 2" did not hold for wind . Dailed for wind had two touching pulled two a little high but had two miss fires on did nothing one fizzed sending the bullet bout 6" down the barrel had to go back to the house to get it out 180bergers 68.5 retumbo cci250 any suggestionson miss fires ?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:51 PM
Silver Member

Re: First time @distance

If I were a betting man I would say you have bad primers or bad powder if you actually dumped out powder from the chamber. Try a different brand of primers with the same powder and see what happens. If you get the same results it's your powder, if not it's your primers. It's either one or the other.

On the other hand how much powder did you actually dump out? You may not have filled the case in those two rounds.

NRA life Member

US Army 79 - 85, 368th Combat Battalion, Sarget Spec-5, Combat Engineer

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.