looks to me that you are doing it right. If after you anneal when you resize (FL size), some cases collapse then you are giving it too much time under the torch. Every time I anneal a bunch I also trim after sizeing.
At this point I only neck size. I've rarely had to full length size, and it's not my intent with these for now.
I found that I had over 100 more FC brass under the bench already cleaned so they are being trimmed, flash holes deburred, and then I'll anneal them as well. My goal is to avoid finding that after resizing I have a variation in actual neck openings. Consistency is my goal, though it might take swapping to a Redding bushing die. As many here use a Lee collet die with good results I'd like to see if I can do that first though. I have used a Redding neck busing die vs a Lee collet die in another caliber and had identical results when shooting so I should be able to do it here.
DrVett I adapted a torque wrench to my press instead of the handle when using lee collet neck dies. Not that I ever had any problems with the regular way but now I know they're all pressed with the same amount of ass.
I use a Forster Co-Ax, and the die sits at the same place for each shell. The arm then also stops at the same place for each one, so I suspect that the force exerted on each is the same too. That's a lot of assumptions but it seems to make sense.
I also usually spin the shell and compress it 3 times as per the Lee instructions.
Attached are some photos of my second attempt. I used a metronome to time each case (great suggestion!) and it worked very well.
Of note, I ran them through the collet die today, and each seemed to resize just fine and stay resized. Previously I would run them through the die and some wouldn't neck down enough. I checked old brass, my annealed brass as well as some purposely over-annealed brass using the pliers test, and my annealed ones appear to be performing just fine.