Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

finding stuff

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Silver Member

finding stuff

okay do yall know of any websites that actually has powder and bullets and loading components that wont be back ordered for months.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:20 PM
Platinum Member

Re: finding stuff

nope on the websites, I've been finding the little I need at present locally. They seem to be able to get at least some stuff in. I keep enough on hand to last many moons (or an occasional war) so I really don't worry about much at all for temporary disruptions. I am short on a couple of things, but I'll shoot for a couple of years without an issue.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:58 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty7mmstw View Post
nope on the websites, I've been finding the little I need at present locally. They seem to be able to get at least some stuff in. I keep enough on hand to last many moons (or an occasional war) so I really don't worry about much at all for temporary disruptions. I am short on a couple of things, but I'll shoot for a couple of years without an issue.
im that way with most my stuff but my 338 lpua will be ready in a few months and i need stuff for it.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph floerke View Post
im that way with most my stuff but my 338 lpua will be ready in a few months and i need stuff for it.
Do you need everything, or just brass??? One of my local shops has some lapua brass.... It aint cheap, but from what I see the 338 Lapua really isn't very cheap to shoot to start with.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Silver Member

I can't find much online. Yesterday at Sportsmans I found two boxes (250 count) of 300 gr Bergers that they had just gotten in. They would only let me buy one box at $179 + tax. They are slowly trickling stuff in there.
Old 02-09-2013, 10:29 AM
Bronze Member

Midway has 250gr Bergers and Lapua, Nosler, Norma and Hornady brass listed as available. Hope this helps.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Platinum Member

I had much the same issue as you, I've got a 338LM on order and have been tracking down components.

Got my Lapua brand brass from Midway, was BO about two weeks. Center Shot Rifles who is a site sponsor (handle: Coyboy) had 4 boxes posted here recently as well. They might still exist.

Got a 50 count box each of 300gr bergers and SMK's from Sinclair Intl. They had the Bergers in stock and the BO SMKs showed up in under 2 weeks (late Jan).

I have been able to find slow powders and magnum primers locally at most places - it is the small rifle primers and 223 powders that are nowhere to be found.

Good luck!