Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Fed Large Rifle Primers (Match)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Silver Member

Fed Large Rifle Primers (Match)

Hello all its been quite awhile since i last checked in, hope everybody is shootn it up!

Hey, question for yall...

I recently burned up my batch of Federal Large Rifle Match grade primers and consequently discovered they are a real pain to get ahold of as of late. My question is, do i go to the trouble of searching around for these specific primers or just make a change to something a bit more available? CCI's keep coming up in conversations with my buddys around here but i thought i pose the question here also before i do anything...

Thanks for your time.

www.jglezos@aol.com
Old 02-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Gold Member

Re: Fed Large Rifle Primers (Match)

I don't how many primers you're looking to buy or how long you want to wait but if you call Sportsmans Warehouse (Riverdale) on Thursdays they get new shipments in and will often get a batch or two and you can have them hold them for you for a day or two till you can make it there. However if you're willing to buy a lot there is a case of 5,000 for around $170 on Graf and Sons at Graf & Sons - FED PRIMER LARGE RIFLE MATCH 5000/CS It might be more than you're willing to spend buy you might have buddies that will split the case with you.

I switched to CCI Primers from Fed210M in my 22-250 and in my particular load I haven't noticed any difference in accuracy or velocity at least in the 2 range sessions I've tested them.