Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

? on ES / SD

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P KUNDA View Post
about it, as any variations or a missjudgement of the wind will make far more damage to the accuracy than the 20fps. ever will.

Peter

True.............to a point. Past that point, the variations need to be eliminated and the basics need to be on your side before you can even judge the conditions apart from the mechanics.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Platinum Member

Here is my $.02 on the Ten shot string.

First, and most importantly the 3050 fps was very fortunate! Had this shot not been recorded, it would still be in your cartridge case and may have been used at long range;

Second, you can't fix a problem that you do not know exists. I bet the first automobile did not have brakes.....the first lawyer on the scene made a bundle on that error

Using just ES the load may be junk, SD & ES makes the whole reloading procedure more consistent assuming you figure out that the neck was tight and you look for that problem in the future.

Lastly, you will never ever know that you have removed all problems until you have fired every round that you will ever shoot. You may figure out the tight neck problem, but then thinned brass will show up, then worn throat, etc..... All you can do is ensure that once you identify a problem you put procedures in place to prevent you from any recurrences.

edge.