Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Does anyone know where I can get a TAP...........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Silver Member

Does anyone know where I can get a TAP...........

.......to make my OWN threaded cases for use in my Stoney Point guage??? I believe that it is a "special size and pitch." [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

Re: Does anyone know where I can get a TAP...........

Get on stoney point's website. they will sell you one or tap your case for you, for a fee of coarse.

Stoney Point FAQ's

Be kind to your neighbors... shoot quietly..
WWW.Gem-tech.com
WWW.Advanced-Armament.com
Old 04-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Save yourself a hell of lot of aggravation and expense. Go buy the sinclair seating depth tool. www.sinclairintl.com costs under $30 and as accurate if not more so than the stoneypoint. I have two stoney points and tap and die for sale if anyone wants them.

BH
Old 04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Silver Member

if u find out let me know? I tried to buy one, but no one in the the town I live in could match up a tap to the threads

MO
Old 04-23-2006, 09:06 PM

I make my own version for my 50 BMGs.

From their FAQ:
<font color="blue"> </font> Q: What is the thread size for the OAL Gauge? I am an experienced machinist and would like to modify my own brass. Can you provide the proper drill bit and tap?

<font color="purple"> A: The thread size is 5/16" x 36. This is a special size drill and tap that we can provide to experienced machinists. Contact us for details </font>

I have a tap press I use to make my tools - I don't think you could make one without something like a tap press to get the correct alignment.

They only charge $6.50/case - so I think I'll just send them a bunch of cases. Only $4.75 total shipping.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member

B1G_B0RE,

What's a tap press?

Started using the drill press as a guide. Bummer

Rigged up drill and tap 'arrangement' for my Forester neck turner/trimmer. Works ok. Would work great if I could exactly center the tap alignment.....
Old 04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Save yourself a hell of lot of aggravation and expense. Go buy the sinclair seating depth tool. [url=http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=RESDTSD&amp;item=09-400&amp;type=store[/url] costs under $30 and as accurate if not more so than the stoneypoint. I have two stoney points and tap and die for sale if anyone wants them.

BH

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this THE ONE that you were referring to??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It sounds so easy that it is confusing!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]