Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Do I need to neck turn?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Do I need to neck turn?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecr View Post
Anyway, this was a total hijack of OP's thread, and I should have stayed out of it.
So say I for the most part. Maybe others, too.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Platinum Member

What this has turned into...

I'm 16
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE Custom

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/

My guess on W3P .308 230 Grain Bullet: G1 .740-.755
Old 06-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Gold Member

I for one appreciate a detailed discussion. All food for thought.

What's the matter guys? Don't we have enough other forums and threads about why the bolt is hard to close or what's wrong with my groups basic BS?

You should always read and try to comprehend what Mikecr is posting cause he is way ahead of most of us. Phorwath, AZShooter, boomtube and others all add very educating posts. Bart BS makes a damn good foil and has a lot of info.

Let the dogs run!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods View Post
Bart BS makes a damn good foil and has a lot of info.
"Bart BS?" Is that an invite to make snide remarks about you, Mr. Woods? Or maybe just make a mockery out of you and all you believe in. I thought such things were beneath your position in life. But instead it's made me think you're the "foil" extraordinaire personified. Maybe you should not post any more comments about all this until you are at least 10 years old; maybe even 15.

Last edited by Bart B; 06-22-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:55 PM
Gold Member

it has been proven that with only the primer ignited and before the powder lights the bullet is already moving, that is why the small primer is used in Benchrest (205 Federal shoots better because it don't move the bullet) very little flame.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:08 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc View Post
it has been proven that with only the primer ignited and before the powder lights the bullet is already moving, that is why the small primer is used in Benchrest (205 Federal shoots better because it don't move the bullet) very little flame.
My personal experience in this area is zero. I understand a small primer has a smaller flame, but your post makes me wonder if all Benchrest primers have a smaller flame or are they only made so the flame is more consistently the same. Any thoughts on this?
Old 06-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Gold Member

I think it was in the magazine Precision Shooting Primer, where they had pics of the flame fired through a very short like 2" barrel. It was very telling how much flame certain primers have. If I can find the article I'll try to post if interested.