Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Disappointed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Bronze Member

Disappointed

So how else is trying to buy primers, I have been on backorder for 3 months at cabelas. I think our ammo manufacturers are really letting us down on this one.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:08 PM
Silver Member

Re: Disappointed

I also have an order on backorder with them too. Locally they tell me that it will be the end of the year before they have any primers in any amount. They say the company reps say they are running 3 shifts and can not get caught up yet. My bet is they are loading and selling ammo and make more doing that. It is a crime what they are asking for primers on gun broker. I am just happy I am not out yet.
Old 05-24-2009, 02:40 PM
Bronze Member

Exactly they make much more on factory ammo then they do on components, they really are hurting their market base I wish they would see that. I haven't shot in 4 months due to the fact I can get ammo. Most factory loads are a waste of money and barrel life in my rig so the end result is I am being pushed out of the sport due to lack of supplies and ammo companies trying to force factory ammo on me
Old 05-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Silver Member

The cost of the ammo is a turn off too. I found a box of ammo at one gun store at about $50.00 a box and another store had the same at $80.00, Lots of taking advantage going on. I am steadily culling who I will do business with.
Someone suggested going to gun shows and looking for primers. I have not tried that yet because my bet is they will be way up there in price and I am not that desperate yet.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Platinum Member

The mftrs are cranking them out as fast as they can. Almost all of Federals went priority to military contracts. Hopefully they will be caught up later this year. Plus with obama it started a "run" on components and ammo. Everyone is buying everything that they can find.

I know guys who have 25K of primers (one type).

Guess, when they come back on the market, no one will be buying after the first 30 days as the hoarders have a 10 yrs supply and everyone else will get 1-2K and be ok.

BH
Old 05-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Guess they need to hoard an extra barrel or two also. I am sure your right about it going on though. That thinking can get out of hand, heck what am I saying it already has.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

Its the same thing with powder. Last week I sent an email to Hodgdon's, telling them I can't find their products anywhere - what's going on?

No response yet....