Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Depth Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Silver Member

Re: Depth Question

I completly agree with what everyone else has said so far; BUT, if you want to try a shorter "jump to the lands" you could load them longer and feed them single shot. Then if it is worth it you could look into lengthening you mag box.

Just a thought.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Silver Member

I loaded 10 with 70 grains shot them to see if it would strch it out and it did so i neck sized them and loaded them to 75 grains and the worked great.No i thing i have got my case seperation problm fixed i'm going to start moveing the bullet in and out.

Thanks to all for replying.If you have anymore info feel free to shoot it my way.
Old 07-10-2007, 03:21 PM
Silver Member

That is what I was refering to. In your original post you were concerned about bullet jump to the lands but I thought you or someone else had mentioned that you were concerned about longer loads not fitting in your magazine. Now as I look back I think I was mistaken (never wrong [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])

All I was saying is play with seating depth and see what happens. If they don't fit in your magazine just feed them single shot and if it's NECESSARY later, then look into lengthening out the magazine box.

I think I'm reading too many posts and getting them all mushed together in my brain...
Old 07-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Silver Member

Great! I'm glad it is working for you know. My next tip is; make sure to try your cases in the gun as time goes by. when the cases start to get a little tight you will need to full length size them but when you do back off the full length die and just size the case a little at a time until it fits again as explained in my earlier post.

The nosler book and the hornady books are pretty good I do however think the sierra book is full of good info as well, by the way they have a tech line you can call with problem and these guys are real great guys to work with. It is toll free and they have always been helpful. I've talked to several different tech and settle on the guy I relate with the best. also If I couldn't get a hold of him I left a messages and he has always called back. I use almost only sierra bullets for my guns but I load for several people and they have helped me with other problems with other bullet companies bullets

Note: I use mostly sierra bullet because they work well and are consistent and cheaper for the most part.

well there are my tips I hope they will hep you out

Rh
Old 07-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Silver Member

THANKS GUYS,

When i'm neck sizeing how much of the neck do i need to size.the first time i did 2/3rds of the neck is the right or do i need to do the entire neck.I was trying not to do to much to push the shoulder back.i tryed game kings and couldn't get them to group well at all.i still have a few so i'm going to try them again after i get all my bugs worked out.

Also how do you post a pic on here?