Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Danzac ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 11:05 AM
Bronze Member

Danzac ???

Hi,

I have been moly coating my bullets, but have been reading a little
about danzac and would like to try some.
Does anyone have anything to rreport on this stuff, and know a good source for it?

Thanks
Old 06-08-2008, 09:39 PM

Danzac is no longer being sold, You can purchase the Tungsten Disulfide from Supplier of Nano Lubricants, Tungsten Disulfide, Hex-Boron Nitrite and High/Low Temp. Grease - MK Impex Canada or else where but I believe you need to buy the SS shot from elsewhere.

I bought my Danzac kit from Sinclair prolly 10 yrs ago, It works alot better than moly due to no build up and the ease of application.

Eric
Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Bronze Member

Eric

Thanks for the information. What exactly did you mean by "ease of application"? I'm assuming you are tumbling the bullets with the ss shot and the tungstan disulfide, but if I remember correctly it's not nearly as messy as the moly.

What has your experience been with the number of fouling shots needed to get the accuracy back after cleaning the barrel?
Old 06-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Gold Member

Danzac

Check the Centerfire Benchrest forum over on BENCHREST CENTRAL. Lots of IBS score shooters are using this product.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:39 AM
Platinum Member

Why do you call tungsten(WS2) danzac?
I get WS2 from Rose mill. Tumble bullets in a container with coated BBs, then sift them out and polish the bullet's on a shop towel.

After seating, I wax the exposed bullet area with a shop towel that was saturated with TurtleWax & dried. There may be a better wax, but I haven't had an issue yet. I do this because otherwise humidity/rain can turn the coating into mud in the field.

I pre-foul my barrels with WS2, and my first group is usually pretty good. To do this, I follow my cleaning with alcohol to dry out the bore. Then I push a dry bore mop through(a few times) that is normally stored in a solvent bottle full of WS2/BBs. I put my guns away clean, dry, and ready for use, -after every use. It's the only way to control carbon, which WS2 may contribute to, I don't know..

I'm experimenting with a barrel using only uncoated bullets, and watching with a borescope. A previous identical barrel gave me alot of use with WS2, and I had been watching it. I want to see that benefits of WS2 are actually free. But ya know, nothing is. So we'll see..
I've been using it for a long time, and have been happy with the results.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM

When I mentioned ease of application, I was meaning that you don't have to keep an eye on the build up of Danzac like you do with Moly, Danzac will only build up one layer, Where moly will build on itself.
Also you do not have to wax them afterwards like you do with Moly.

As far as fouling shots, As long as everything was dry with no oil in the bore, If you don't pre-lube,It only takes a shot or two to be be back inline. I usually dont have a copper problem, So I worry about cleaning the carbon out, Cleaning is easy and the "fouling" comes back pretty quickly.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for all the great information guys. I will definately give the tungsten a try. Sounds like it's a lot more user friendly than the moly.

It is great to be able to come to this website and ask a question and get so much useful information from so many knowledgeagle people.

Thanks again.