Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Cutting edge 320 grain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Silver Member

Cutting edge 320 grain

Does anyone have any experience with the cutting edge 320 grain 375 cal bullet? I'm thinking about ordering some and giving them a whirl. As you know they aren't free ($107.64 for 50) so the more information I can scrounge up the better. Of course letting them rip out of my 375 RUM.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Cutting edge 320 grain

No experience yet. . . .but . . .

Had a long talk with the boss man up there. His recommendation was to go with the MT, non-hollow point, bullet, to mess with. 2 grains heavier otherwise exactly the same as the MTH offering.

I'm starting with the 352 as I have a few more grains of powder capacity than the RUM.

If that works well I'll give the 375 a go.

If they do as I expect they will, I'll then move to the hunting offerings.

Gonna be a fun winter.

From my studies I don't think you will have much of a risk involvedů.

I've heard tons of good things about them. I've also heard the banter that could be had with any bullet.

I'm going for it.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Silver Member

That's awesome Roy!! Riley mentioned these bullets awhile back but we decided it would be a cheaper route to play with the Accubonds first. However, .4 isn't the worst bc for the 375, but I wanted more. Are the 352's a repeater or a single feed?
Old 11-26-2013, 12:46 AM
Silver Member

I have used the ceb 330 grn in my 375 rum improved and they are a very good bullet. They killed a mule deer at 75 yards with a very impressive bullet path, high shoulder shot thru the backstrap with no bloodshot meat. 1200 yard shot on a rock with 2 1/2 feet of windage with a crosswind so strong you would loose your balance in it.
Old 11-26-2013, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublezranch View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the cutting edge 320 grain 375 cal bullet? I'm thinking about ordering some and giving them a whirl. As you know they aren't free ($107.64 for 50) so the more information I can scrounge up the better. Of course letting them rip out of my 375 RUM.

Thanks for all your help.

I hope you do! I would like to know how fast the RUM can push'em

I've taken a few fuzzy wuzzies with the 6.5CEB's... working so far.

t

Old 11-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Silver Member

Ok...Outlaw pushed me over the edge . I'm going to score a box of 320 ceb's and let them fly. I will send the results as soon as the holidays come and my surgery schedule slows down. I then should have time to do some testing. Until then, I'm still interested in peoples experiences with these bullets.

Roy,

Riley gets his drivers license on Friday the 13th....(Fitting I know!!). I told him that if I spent the money for the bullets, he had to come over and help me load them. They were his idea anyway. Let me know how you come out with the 352 grainers.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doublezranch View Post
Ok...Outlaw pushed me over the edge . I'm going to score a box of 320 ceb's and let them fly. I will send the results as soon as the holidays come and my surgery schedule slows down. I then should have time to do some testing. Until then, I'm still interested in peoples experiences with these bullets.

Roy,

Riley gets his drivers license on Friday the 13th....(Fitting I know!!). I told him that if I spent the money for the bullets, he had to come over and help me load them. They were his idea anyway....

Glad to help! That whole peer pressure thing always got me too. I will be anxiously awaiting your report, that could be a great combination.

Riley in a vehicle... can he see over the steering wheel? Sorry little bro.
Kinda odd that he gets his license on the 2nd Friday the 13th of the year... bad juju

t