Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

CONCENTRICITY GAGE ?? Reloading for 1000 yards and beyond

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Platinum Member

Re: CONCENTRICITY GAGE ?? Reloading for 1000 yards and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart B View Post
Try a 10-shot group without the magazine installed.

Detachable box magazines don't all fit the action parts with the same contact and tension. When M14NM were first used, top competitors found that they had to use two magazines that made bullets shoot to the same point of impact for 10-shot rapid fire strings; one with the first two rounds and the other with the last eight. Otherwise,a 1/2 to 1 MOA error happened between two of them. Then find another magazine that held its position relative to the action exactly the same for each shot for slow fire at long range.

I doubt yours is any different. If it is, that's great.
I shoot a bolt action with what Ive always know to be a trap door . I may have explained it wrong or I dont understand ?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
I shoot a bolt action with what Ive always know to be a trap door . I may have explained it wrong or I dont understand ?
Post a picture of your extended magazine in your rifle. Tried to find your pictures in the "long range hunting shooting" section but couldn't.

By detachable (as mentioned in Wyatt's web site for his magazines), do you remove the magazine, load in more rounds then push it back into the bottom of the action?

By "trap door," are you referring to the hinged plate in front of the trigger guard that swings down one its latch is depressed? If so, that's more commonly called a "hinged floor plate."
Old 08-31-2012, 06:43 AM
Gold Member

a guy can't have tooooo many gadgets gathering dust, I have one i use as a paper weight after using it for a while. If your rounds are "that far" out, you can see it by just rolling across bench.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:11 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Post a picture of your extended magazine in your rifle. Tried to find your pictures in the "long range hunting shooting" section but couldn't.

By detachable (as mentioned in Wyatt's web site for his magazines), do you remove the magazine, load in more rounds then push it back into the bottom of the action?

By "trap door," are you referring to the hinged plate in front of the trigger guard that swings down one its latch is depressed? If so, that's more commonly called a "hinged floor plate."
I have the hinged floor plate. Not a detachable . all you have to do to see my threads is just run a search on bigbucks threads and you should be able to see the pics of my rifle and all.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuck View Post
I have the hinged floor plate. Not a detachable . all you have to do to see my threads is just run a search on bigbucks threads and you should be able to see the pics of my rifle and all.
Well, I misread your post. It said a wyatt extended box mag and I asked about a detachable one. Sorry 'bout that.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, I misread your post. It said a wyatt extended box mag and I asked about a detachable one. Sorry 'bout that.
Thats okay friend
Happy shooting !