Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Chronographs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 PM
Bronze Member

Chronographs

I have progressed as far as I can without using a chronograph. Can you let me know which ones are out there that you trust and have had good experience with. I need more detailed data on my loads.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Silver Member

Re: Chronographs

I have used a PACT Professional with ballistic calculator for several years. It has always performed well.

There are newer, more capable units available now, but I just keep using what has worked so well........

http://www.pact.com/index.php?option...d=19&Itemid=67

Jim

Edit to add link.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by head2h2o View Post
I have progressed as far as I can without using a chronograph. Can you let me know which ones are out there that you trust and have had good experience with. I need more detailed data on my loads.
I use a Competition Electronics Pro Chrono Plus,it performs well and is relatively inexpensive.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Silver Member

Ced 2. I have both the Ced 1 and the Ced 2. Either one will down load to your computer from the Chronograph. The RSI shooting lab program comes with the CED as part of the package and allows you to run trajectory charts out as far as you want. The charts agree with JLB and Bryon Litz's programs.The program includes printable targets, interior and exterior balistics, load info from your input that can be printed out as labels, and logs on your guns.
Welcome to Competitive Edge Dynamics
Russ
Old 11-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Silver Member

I have owned and used a few different ones. The best one in current production in my opinion is the CED M2. I also like the IR screen option because I shoot at the edge of light in the morning to do load development to get away from the wind.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

I want a chronograph that puts the main parts/display on the bench, not in the line of fire. Calculates user defined ballistics charts based on the velocities and then prints all data at the range. Has inexpensive to replace photocells. That means I really like my PACT Pro.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member

The CED is the best available, unless you can find a used Olher 35