Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Check out the GRIP-N-PULL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 AM
Silver Member

Re: Check out the GRIP-N-PULL

Thanks, Brandon. I'm in Blackfoot as well is what I meant.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:46 AM
Silver Member

Hi Brandon,

The standard rifle model has my interest. Does it in any way scratch or mar the bullet after being pulled?

I appreciate you offering us an introductory discount. Looks like a neat product.

Mike
Old 08-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Fireball View Post
Hi Brandon,

The standard rifle model has my interest. Does it in any way scratch or mar the bullet after being pulled?

I appreciate you offering us an introductory discount. Looks like a neat product.

Mike
Hi Mike, It usually leaves a little shiny spot on the bullets after pulling but in no way does that affect accuracy. I look forward to hearing from you.

Brandon
Old 08-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg View Post
Thanks, Brandon. I'm in Blackfoot as well is what I meant.
Oh wow OK. Well you can get one at A-Z or call me, whichever you would like. We should go shooting sometime.

Brandon
Old 08-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Silver Member

Just checking....does the dimension of the hole keep the case mouth from inadvertantly going too far into the tool...thus actually crimping the bullet instead of grabbing it? Does the case stay concentric after pulling just in case there is enough tension to reseat?
Old 08-28-2013, 05:53 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraky View Post
Just checking....does the dimension of the hole keep the case mouth from inadvertantly going too far into the tool...thus actually crimping the bullet instead of grabbing it? Does the case stay concentric after pulling just in case there is enough tension to reseat?
There is no way the case mouth will go into the holes so there is not any chance of crimping. The case stays perfectly concentric and you can reseat another bullet right away if you wish. Thanks for the question.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Official LRH Sponsor

Just wanted to clarify something with the GRIP-N-PULL. It is meant to pull bullets on the meplat portion. Some times when you seat bullets to SAAMI specs or "magazine length" the meplat is covered by the case mouth and all there is showing is the ogive or the ogive is very close to the case mouth.

Most of the time you can use the next hole down to pull them out far enough to grab with the proper caliber hole. In doing so it will more than likely mark the bullet. In my experience it does not shift POI but it is there. The GRIP-N-PULL is an amazingly simple tool to use and works very well when you have something to grab onto. I just wanted tell everyone so if someone runs into that situation they know about it. Thanks

Brandon