Originally Posted by zigliss
I'm obsessive about clean cases - just wondered what other use as thier cleaning routine.
Mine looks like this:
- Tumble empty cases 3-4 hours
- De prime; trim; clean primer pocket and deburr
- Ultrasonic cleaner 4 x 480sec cycles
- Tumble cases 3-4hours
What is your preferred routine?
Why so long.
- I deprime so as to clean the primer pocket in the process.
- 480 seconds in 50% vinigar in the ultra sonic cleaner. This usually removes all the carbon, inside and case necks.
- Rinse with clean water
- 480 seconds in Birchwood Casey brass case cleaner. 50mls in 500mls.
- Resize now clean casses.
- 90 second in the ultrasonic cleaner with a little dish detergent to remove case lub
- 2 hrs in the tumbler with corn media with about 50mls of Brasso brass cleaner.
- Remove, wipe down, check primer hole for stuck media.
Cases look like mirrors inside and out. Same process for 270win and 300rum. I'll use about 750mls of viniger mix to do about 50 300rum cases or 75 270win cases, just fill the cleaner and keep changing cases. 10 300rum cases at one time in the cleaner and 25 at a time in the tumbler but these numbers will depend on the size of your cleaners.
Process has lots of steps but its not like I put them in the cleaner or tumbles for 5hrs.