Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Cabelas new "insider" method for selling scarce product (offensive)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013, 11:15 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Cabelas new "insider" method for selling scarce product (offensive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigngreen View Post
Cabelas is also the local store for a lot of people, I'm glad to see Cabelas maybe trying to help their local customers as well as their online and catalog customers and it seems like a good way to do business to me but of course someone had to get his panties bunched because it just does not seem fair
Have you heard the quote from old Abe about remaining silent? It may be good advice in this case..Cabela's is their local store.....their local national store that are only found in very large areas...is their local store...??? That makes no sense to me. Fair, carnival or bananza...call it what you want, but we all vote with our wallets and count one more no vote for me.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:34 PM
Platinum Member

My buddy pulled out his smoker this year and found that the face plate was warped a bit so he called Cabelas to get parts, a week later a complete new smoker showed up with a return label for the old one. That kind of service is why I'll drive four hours to look a product at Cabelas, got excellent service from them over the years. But apparently it's more popular to cry on the internet

"Pain is weakness leaving your body"
Old 04-29-2013, 01:37 AM
Platinum Member

WA Wa wa Life aint fair,the world aint flat, most polititions aint worth spit, capitolism is what it is and Cabelas aint perfect.
Things are so crazy people are paying $75(or more) a brick for 22lr and buying the last pound of powder and/or box of bullets off the shelf just because its the last one.
You can dislike those of us who had the forthought to stock in a few supplies but you can bet your ass we are not the ones depleteing the supply line right now!!!

Put you big boy pants on and get over it! Things are going to get a lot worse and the little bit of ammo you have aint going to be much use
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachV View Post
WA Wa wa Life aint fair,the world aint flat, most polititions aint worth spit, capitolism is what it is and Cabelas aint perfect.
Things are so crazy people are paying $75(or more) a brick for 22lr and buying the last pound of powder and/or box of bullets off the shelf just because its the last one.
You can dislike those of us who had the forthought to stock in a few supplies but you can bet your ass we are not the ones depleteing the supply line right now!!!

Put you big boy pants on and get over it! Things are going to get a lot worse and the little bit of ammo you have aint going to be much use
+1

I have bought less this spring than I usually do by quite a bit. Still a few hundred $ worth of stuff between the 7stw and 300 rum, but I haven't bought anything for my other 9 rifles as I was already stocked sufficiently on them. Heck, I've even sent brass of a couple of times to people who needed it and sold a couple of bricks of 22"s off at 30 a brick to some poor sap who bought a pistol and then couldn't get ammo to feed it. I expect to PAY $30 a brick by the time they are in stock, so I will have made zip as I need to replace them eventually anyway.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 AM
Gold Member

When I made the discovery, they were not listing any smokeless powders. I waited a few days after I ordered to be sure that my order would not get cancelled like it had on some other sites. Then I posted the info on this board to benefit anyone who might not know this "trick". Unfortunately no-one else has posted more useable info like the stock numbers for primers because I am curious to see if something similar is going on with them too.

In the meantime, a small group of powders is listed for sale again, good.

Like one of the other posters said, we all get to vote with our wallets and feet. In current market conditions we have to take what we can get, but payback will be later. If Cabelas serves some of you well, thats fine. The only thing my local store has going for them is volume. Price wise they have not been competitive on anything, which is why I have never bought a weapon there.

I guess the next time the mortgage rates get jacked up, or sales tax increases we should just apply the same excuse that "they are just doing whats best for them"... Thanks. I'll skip when times are better.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcliffe01 View Post
When I made the discovery, they were not listing any smokeless powders. I waited a few days after I ordered to be sure that my order would not get cancelled like it had on some other sites. Then I posted the info on this board to benefit anyone who might not know this "trick". Unfortunately no-one else has posted more useable info like the stock numbers for primers because I am curious to see if something similar is going on with them too.

In the meantime, a small group of powders is listed for sale again, good.

Like one of the other posters said, we all get to vote with our wallets and feet. In current market conditions we have to take what we can get, but payback will be later. If Cabelas serves some of you well, thats fine. The only thing my local store has going for them is volume. Price wise they have not been competitive on anything, which is why I have never bought a weapon there.

I guess the next time the mortgage rates get jacked up, or sales tax increases we should just apply the same excuse that "they are just doing whats best for them"... Thanks. I'll skip when times are better.
I'm rather indifferent on Cabelas myself. They've always treaded me decently on components but the rifle I bought from last year needed a bunch of work and they weren't consistant on estimated trade value for the one I traded. I told them what I had and the #'s changed when I got there. I probably wouldn't have done the deal but I was already there and would have had to build the rifle otherwise so I did the deal.