Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

C-H Custom Die Parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Bronze Member

C-H Custom Die Parts

Greeting all,

I recently made a trade with a guy for a xp100r chambered in .250 Sav. AI. Included in the trade were a set of C-H 4-D Custom dies, a neck set. Unfortunately he included a .204 diameter neck sizer insert. I obviously need a .257.

I have been told that C-H is out of business and judging by my search results, that is correct. Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts? Sure would suck to have to buy new custom dies!

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Bronze Member

Re: C-H Custom Die Parts

If you need the expander button, The resizing stem and expander button complete or a sizing insert. I would start by contacting Hornady by phone. If my memory serves me right Hornady bought out C-H and continued producing reloading equipment under the Hornady name. Good Luck in finding your part.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:22 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizlywinkleman View Post
Greeting all,

I recently made a trade with a guy for a xp100r chambered in .250 Sav. AI. Included in the trade were a set of C-H 4-D Custom dies, a neck set. Unfortunately he included a .204 diameter neck sizer insert. I obviously need a .257.

I have been told that C-H is out of business and judging by my search results, that is correct. Does anyone know where I can find replacement parts? Sure would suck to have to buy new custom dies!

Thanks,

Ryan
CH-4D is still in business. Google them and give them a call. Warning, the owner has no personality or sense of humor at all. But they ARE still in business. Let me know how much the bushings are...I need one for my antique CH .300 Ackley dies.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:26 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTraveler View Post
If you need the expander button, The resizing stem and expander button complete or a sizing insert. I would start by contacting Hornady by phone. If my memory serves me right Hornady bought out C-H and continued producing reloading equipment under the Hornady name. Good Luck in finding your part.
See my post above... I'm pretty sure Hornady did not buy CH, because I've talked to the owner of CH-4D myself. He told me that "CH Tool & Die" was bought-out in the 1950's and changed their name to CH-4D.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Bronze Member

I did eventually find their website and gave them a call. I paid $8 and some change for a .257 expander and a four pack of primer decappers. Hornday does not own them. I must have heard a roomer.

Thanks for the help!