Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-28-2011, 10:53 PM
Platinum Member
Re: bullet's

I use all of them depending on the application. My bench has bullets from every manufacturer. Best for what?
Predictions are difficult, especially when they involve the future

Unread 12-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Silver Member
Re: bullet's

I use Berger or Hornady. Berger for anything I want to shoot all the way to my personal limits, Hornady for general purposes. I like Sierra but it just seems that noone ever has the bullet I am wanting in stock for a given project. Always there when I don't need it. I shoot speer 275 grain gold dots from my 480 ruger because they are almost as accurate as the 325 Hornady and cost a third less. Hornady interlocks are cheap and accurate out to 300 yards in my woods hunting guns and deadly on deer. While I like the SST I tend to lean toward the old style because I don't see any difference in accuracy or game performance, and to the ranges that I use them the regular interlocks work fine. For my6.5-.284, 6.5x55 and a 7mm-08 I have I will use Berger for accuracy and high BC. Berger bullets require more attention to detail when loading but my expectations for accuracy are higher. I have found the least variation from one lot to the next with Berger bullets.